Sunday, September 6, 2015

Making a Big Move - A Tip About Clearing Clutter

I can't believe that it has been 3 months since my last update, especially since I decided that I was going to make an effort to keep it updated!

I DO have some big news for the RstephensArt blog. I will be making a big move across the ocean for a bit. There will be quite a bit of travel involved so this blog might actually get interesting ;)
I have been selling most of our belongings, packing away things we want to keep, and throwing out the garbage. I have purchased some things that I think will come in handy, such as: Colored pencils, paper, and more colored pencils!

I am excited for this adventure as well as a little nervous. I have never been out of the country and definitely not with little children and another on the way. Did I mention that I am pregnant for the fourth time? This is going to be our 3rd boy! We lost a baby earlier this year (2015) but will be happy to welcome our third boy to the family early in 2016. 

What does this mean for the blog? Probably some interesting posts about different areas, people, customs, etc. Some new and I hope lovely area specific artwork. And unfortunately, fewer posts from time to time because of travel and well, life. 

I have one or two tips about moving though. First, do not be afraid to get rid of things! Just look at it and say "I can get a new one" or "I can get something better". This has helped immensely because, in reality, I really can get a new one or one that is better of whatever crap is sitting around my house. Most of my belongings are cheap junk that I don't use very much. Second, get rid of it if you don't use it every month. If you have things sitting around that get used only once or twice a year, chances are you don't really need it to take up space in your storage unit. Of course there are big ticket items that need extra consideration but if it's an easy to replace item then you can do away with it while you are traveling. Especially if it will cost you more to store it than the actual item costs.

Now it's time to get some more packing and listing (for sale) items from around the house. Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment