Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lazy Day

Well, seeing as this is my very first blog there is quite a bit to blog about. And since today is a lazy day, it will be some pretty ordinary information.

To start off with, I decided to get a blog to raise awareness about Etsy.com and also my account in the hopes of raising sales and having to pay for school for myself personally. I also just need somewhere to write things down since I dont particularly like to write, typing is the next best thing.

I am an artist, and within the past 5 years I have stretched my interests from just drawing to 3-D, textiles (quilts, clothing, etc), and even more crafts like jewelry, scrapbooking, refridgerator magnets, and other things.

I presently attend the local college for various reasons, cost is the main one. I am fortunate enough to have a scholarship but it does not cover summer courses, and will not cover expenses once I transfer to a University -which is why I sell my arts.



I do however have a very lovely mode of transportation - my used bicycle. In that picture is all the quilts I have sown (over 50), a bookshelf filled with all the books that I have accumulated over the years, and my beautiful bike which someone gave to me a few years back, all shoved into a very tiny corner. It has new inner tubes and treads, but recently I have had to take a gear shift piece off because it got bent and was making it impossible to ride my bike. So I hate it but I love it. I do not own a car, but this bike gets me most places, and anywhere too far the city bus can get me most of the time. I wish I had a car, but it is out of the question for the time being, at least until I can get a job or if I am able to sell more handmade items online.

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a great church. I am not sure what I would be doing or where I would be without it, its a big part of my life and a very good guidance. A lot of people dont like us because they hear rummors that are false and out of proportion, and just a little bit ago someone called to tell my father that someone had gotten into the building last night and went into the chapel. Up font there is usually a table with flowers in front of the stand, and whoever got in threw the large vase with flowers onto some pews and shattered leaving glass and water in a large area. Also a bunch of hymnals were thrown all around. Its so sad that someone would do such a thing, no matter what church it is.

I guess I have nothing else to say for the moment, I need to check up on my etsy account, and maybe post a few more quilts and other things. At some point I will need to go to the grocery store and pick up hot dog buns and milk. I am in charge tonight while the rents are away still late, its a bummer. I've also got to print some primary papers out offline, and dog sit for someone this weekedn. Yay, lots of fun. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment