Friday, September 9, 2011

Fresh Baked Bread!

What does an artist do late at night when they don't feel like creating something on paper?

Well, THIS artist likes to create something of a different kind. And tonight it is fresh baked bread! This recipe is such an easy one, and it makes three loaves of tasty bread! It has been so long since I have made bread I felt like I had to.
I abbreviated the steps, so I hope that you can understand them.

1. In mixer bowl or crock pot, add 2 dry yeast packages.
2. Add 2 cups warm water. Not scalding, let dissolve for 10 minutes.
3. Add 3 more cups warm water and
4 1/2 tsp salt
4 TBSP sugar
4 TBSP soft butter
4. Add 10 cups of flour
5. Knead bread . . . let rise in warmed oven (in greased crock pot) . . . punch
down . . . let rise again
6. Separate into 33 balls and place into bread pans . . . let rise once more.
7. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. When done brush top
with butter.

Here is the dough after the first time it's risen. I used a crock pot because I do not have anything else. Something that can go in the oven works great though (since putting it in a warm oven works best for Florida).






Here we go, the dough has risen twice and is set back into the warm oven to rise once more before baking. I place a towel over the loaves when I let them rise. When they have risen enough I set the oven temperature and leave them for the rest of the time.





And the final project! They look so fantastic I can't wait to eat them. I will start on one loaf and wrap the others in plastic wrap when they have cooled enough. I will eat bread any time of day, but breakfast is great when you toast some thick slices and put butter and cinnamon on them. Jelly is great too.


I'm going to go eat some right now! Who cares if it is after 1am? Artists don't have the same schedule as everyone else right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment