Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cookie Crust CheeseCake

So a friend from Church invited my husband and me over to dinner and we were bringing dessert. I have been craving cheesecake for SO long now and I just bought a ton of cream cheese a few days ago. The problem was I did not have the ingredients to make a lame regular cookie crumb crust. I figured, what the heck, why not make a crust out of chocolate chip cookies.

I used a cookie recipe that has been a long time favorite of mine, and a cheesecake recipe that I found randomly online that I knew had the ingredients for. I did some tweaking though so it kind of became my own new recipe!

Crust
2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C melted butter
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 C chocolate chips

Mix together butter, salt, sugars, egg, egg yolk till creamy. Add in rest (except chocolate chips) of ingredients and mix together. Add chocolate chips.

Filling
4 eggs
3 bricks cream cheese
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C sugar

Make sure to whip up cream cheese after it has warmed - should end up smooth. Then add all other ingredients and whip the crap out of it.

I put the cookie dough into the pan as thin as I could get it with my hands, then I poured the filling in. I baked at 325 degrees for about 50min.

It was SOOOO good. The only and best cheesecake I have ever made. I will definitely make this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment