Thursday, July 12, 2012

German Pancakes

Sometimes my husband and I have eaten German pancakes twice in a week! Both times it was not breakfast either. The first time I ever went to Utah my boyfriend's mother made these for breakfast on Sunday. I had never had them before and I was pretty impressed. Since then I have had them many times. I love that it is so simple to make but it tastes great and there is plenty of it to fill my belly.



What you need first is a blender and your 9x13 pan.
In the 9x13 pan put the butter in there and put it into the oven to melt.
Everything else goes into the blender.
Once the butter it melted and your mixture has the crud blended out of it you dump the contents into the buttery dish.
Put back into now heated oven and bake.
Remove and smother with syrup!

Super easy and a great breakfast.

German Pancakes Recipe
(for 9x13 pan)
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
5 Eggs
6 TBSP Melted Butter
1/2 tsp Salt

450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. For half the recipe use 3 eggs.
The mix will rise up in funky bubbles in the oven and shrink down when removed from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment