Saturday, April 11, 2009

LuLuMae Spotlight - And Tips from FC Magazine

LuLuMae --> http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7090197

"I really only started working with felt a couple months ago because my sewing machine broke and I needed something to keep my hands busy . . . I love working with felt because it is very forgiving and has a nice thick texture to it. In the past I spent a lot of time making jewelry for myself and for friends. Some of the newer items I've posted in my Etsy shop are necklaces. I think I'm making a natural transition back to my jewelry. I like to try new things and look for interesting creative projects to work on."

"In addition to my felt pieces and jewelry I make all my own cards, which I haven't posted on Etsy. I also have done a lot of painting on canvas and silk. When I have the time and a working sewing machine I like to make things for around the house such as drapes, pillows, quilts."

"I love Etsy because it inspires me to see other creative people. I am always really impressed with how artistic and wonderfully nice people are on Etsy; it's a supportive and creative extended family."

--------------------------------

Now, here are some random tips I thought were neat from FamilyCircle Magazine May2009!
Berry Nice-
"An aesthetician at Splash Spa in New York City told me the easiest skin treatment ever" says Senior Fashion Editor Christine Bibbo Herr, "Slice a fresh strawberry in half and rub the cut sides on your clean face. Wait a few minutes, then rinse. The berry is loaded with natural alpha-hydroxy acids that help clear up blemishes and slough off dead skin cells."

Handle With Care
"When I'm doing my laundry I usually have only a few delicates. Instead of washing them seperately, I just stash them in an old pillowcase and add them to my regular load - Nancy Cleason, Port Arthur, TX"

Apricot-Honeydew Smoothie
1/2 cup honeydew melon, cubed
1/2 Cup strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 1/2 C apricots, sliced
1 C low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 Tablespoons apple juice, frozen concentrate
Whirl all ingredients in blender until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment